This is a great compliment to an ear of corn on the cob. Recipe is based off a meal from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
3-4 oz extra-firm tofu, sliced into 3
2 slices bread
1 cup kale, chop
1 tomato, sliced
- Toast bread (optional.)
- Spread guacamole on bread slices.
- Add 1/4 cup water, a tad of liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, and maple syrup to a skillet. Whisk together.
- Ad tofu and cook over medium heat, turning regularly, until it starts to caramelize. This is now the "bacon" part of a BLTA.
- Make sandwich with kale, tomato slices, and tofu "bacon".
- Serves 1.
- Original recipe called for one portabello mushroom stemmed and sliced instead of tofu.
- Original recipe per serving: 384 calories, 12.5g fat, 58.1g carbs, 12.9g fiber, 15.6g sugar, and 12.7g protein.
- You can use a gluten-free tortilla instead of bread and make a wrap.
- You can use hummus instead of guacamole.