Breakfast or Dessert! I made these Baby Churros several times. They could stand to be crispier, since churros have a crispy fried outside with a soft inside. But, if you're craving churros, this is a pretty quick and easy recipe to put together.
1¾ cups flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
5 tbsp pure maple syrup
3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp raw sugar
¼ cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and stir in maple, milk, and sugar into flour mixture and mix well.
- Add applesauce, stirring to combine.
- Take about 1½-tsp of dough and shape into little elongated ball.
- Place the ball on baking sheet and repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Sprinkle churros with additional cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 11-12 minutes, or until churros are golden and bounce back slightly to the touch.
- Makes about 20 churros.
- 5 churros/serving