This is one of my new favorite breakfasts. I've been eating it regularly for about 8 months now, but it seems like a great holiday season breakfast to share. The photo doesn't do it justice. You can prepare it to order, or ahead of time, and serve warm or cold. Often, I make it ahead of time, so it all coalesces in flavor, and then microwave it to serve warm. I got this from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor Big Breakfast Book.
1 sweet potato, cooked
¼ cup applesauce
4 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chopped pecans
- If you haven't cooked the sweet potato yet, do so.
- Mash potato in a bowl and mix with applesauce.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar then garnish with pecans.
- Serves 1
- Per serving: 282 calories, 4.8g fat, 58.6g carbs, 6.2g fiber, 36.3g sugars, 5.3g protein
- You can add raisins.
- You can sub peanuts for pecans.