I'll admit it doesn't look great in the image, but it tastes fantastic and is amazingly filling.
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 sweet onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 zucchinis, sliced
2 yellow squash, sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup marinara sauce
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Sprinkle generously with Italian seasoning, stirring to coat.
- Add zucchini, squash, red peppers, and marinara sauce.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir in cooked rice and beans, plus broth to help moisten and combine everything.
- Continue to cook and stir until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, plus more Italian seasoning if desired.
- Stir in fresh basil, reserving a little for garnish.
- Serves 4
- Total Time: 20 min
- Active Time: 15 min
- Per serving: 415 calories, 6.6g fat, 64.7g carbs, 16.1g fiber, 11.6g sugars, 26.2g protein