Looking for very peanut buttery peanut butter cookies? Look no farther. I modified these from a recipe we've been making since we were married. It's a very easy recipe.
½ cup softened Earth Balance butter
½ cup peanut butter (only nuts, no other ingredients)
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 Ener-G egg or flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal)
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
- Soften butter as long as necessary.
- Make the Ener-G egg or flax egg.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter, sugars, peanut butter, and Ener-G egg together.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Roll into balls and distribute on cookie sheet.
- Dip fork in four and crisscross over each cookie ball.
- Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Watch! These go from not-quite-done to overdone in less than 1 minute!
- Both the Ener-G egg and flax egg work. However, the Ener-G egg lets the peanut butter flavor shine through more.