Tis the season for baked beans. This can be made as a main meal or it can be a side. They'd be great to bring to a potluck.
1 tube prepared polenta, cubed (optional)
1 onion, diced
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 cup dry white beans
1 cup dry kidney beans
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp ketchup
1/4 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2-4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
Optional if using polenta:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake cubed polenta for 10 mins. No need to flip.
To make beans:
- Cook beans using Instant Pot. Drain and rinse.
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add beans, water ketchup, molasses, soy sauce, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until liquid reduces, about 20 minutes.
- Once beans are done, divide equally among 4 bowls.
- Optional: Top with polenta cubes or gently mix in.
- Serves 4 (if as entree)
- You can sub 1 can each white beans and kidney beans.
- Pictured with a side of green beans.