I love potato soups, so I was excited to give this a try from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. I've adapted it a bit. Great as a side or an entree.
1 onion, diced
2 sweet potatoes, baked
1 quart vegetable broth
1-15 oz can corn
½ cup (lite) coconut milk
2 cups prepared chickpeas
1 bunch green onions, sliced
- After baking potatoes, dice one and puree the other with some water in a blender.
- Sauté onions in oil until translucent.
- Add pureed sweet potato, 3 cups broth, and corn.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Use and immersion blender to make creamy.
- Stir in diced sweet potatoes.
- Add remaining broth to thin as desired.
- Cover and heat over low until fully warm.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top with guacamole and green onions.
- Serves 4
- Per serving: 410 calories, 14.9g fat, 57.1g carbs, 12.2g fiber, 4.9g sugars, 17.4g protein
- Great served with crackers or baked tortilla chips.