Wanted a shake. I didn't have exactly what was listed on the other recipe, here's how I made it.
1 cup chocolate So Delicious ice cream,
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Trader Joe's brand)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup ice (~5 ice cubes from fridge ice maker)
2 tsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp unsweetened (Dutch) cocoa
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Slightly soften the ice cream.
- Add 3/4 cup milk to blender or Vitamix.
- Add 3/4 of the total amount of ice cream.
- Add 2 ice cubes.
- Add the 2 tsp of peanut butter.
- Blend on med-high. Use stick, if necessary to facilitate blending. With Vitamix or blend off, push down ice cream with stick.
- Continue blending until the ingredients get smooth and creamy.
- Add in the remaining almond milk, cinnamon, cocoa, chocolate chips, salt and ice.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ice cream (should be about 2 Tbsp)
- Blend on low for a nice thickness to occur.
- If shake is too thick, add a tad more milk.
- For a thicker shake add more ice cream.
- Add more ice if you want an icier shake.
- Pour into a frosted shake glass and add a straw or long spoon.
- Garnish with cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- serves 2
- Original Recipe