1 egg white
1/3 cup coarsely grated apple, left unpeeled
1/4 cup minced or coarsely grated red onion
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp curry paste or powder
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
2 tsp lemon juice, divided
1 tsp ground coriander, divided
1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground chicken)
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup peeled and grated cucumber, drained
Olive oil cooking spray
8 oz whole-wheat naan bread, cut into 24 2-inch squares or rounds
- In a large bowl, combine egg white, apple, onion, flaxseed, curry, ginger, salt, pepper, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Mix in turkey and shape into 12 1/2-inch-thick mini burger patties.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, salt, pepper and remaining 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp coriander. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan or large nonstick skillet on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Cook patties, turning once, until meat is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes.
- Top patties with cucumber yogurt, dividing evenly, and sandwich between 2 squares naan bread.
- We actually cook them in olive oil rather than the cooking spray, which I'm sure brings the flavor down by a whole bunch.
- You can also grill them, which we've done as well. However, if you grill them be careful that they do not stick to the grill or slide through the grates.
- As a meal, serves 4.