I've been making these brownies for years. There are a few tips to making these brownies that make them be so good! These are always popular for sharing at kids schools (no nuts) or bringing to a potluck. I almost always double this recipe and make it in a lined roasting pan.
Ingredients:4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted or powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 min or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour and pecans; stir until well blended.
- Spread into greased foil-lined 13x9” baking dish. Bake at 350o for 30 to 35 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake. Cool in pan.
- Lift out of pan onto cutting board.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the brownies or sift powdered sugar over the brownies.
- Cut into desired squares.
- Prep: 15 min
- Bake: 35 min
- Serves 24.
- 165 Cal/ brownie (no nuts/melt. Choc.)
- Tip: Line any dish you use with foil and use no stick spray to grease the foil.