I made the Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse Cheesecake for Christmas dessert 2011. It is totally worth the effort to make at least once, especially if your family is a fan of chocolate, peanut butter, and cheesecake the way my family is.
Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse Cheesecake
Crust2 cups crushed peanut butter Oreos (approx. half a pack)
¼ cup butter, melted
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Truffle Mousse8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tubs (or 1 large tub) Cool Whip
Reese’s Cups (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a 9 inch springform pan in heavy duty foil.
- Mix together crushed Oreos and melted butter and press into the bottom of your pan and up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Boil a large pot of water for the water bath.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and cream cheese and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time making sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream and vanilla and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Place pan into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes until the edges appear to be set. The center will still have some jiggle to it. Close the oven door, turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour has passed, remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cake is completely cooled, chill for at least 5 hours (overnight is better).
The next morning…
- In the bowl of your mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and milk until smooth.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon over the cheesecake then chill at least 3 hours. Garnish with peanut butter cups.
- Original Recipe
- There's no way I'm looking up calories on this!