Thinking about dinner on my bus ride home one night and reading Runner's World, I came across this recipe. I had almost all the ingredients and it seemed like a quick and easy meal. I was not disappointed in the tastiness nor the easiness. I modified a bit. You can eat this warm or cold, but I tried it both ways and preferred it warm.
14-oz block extra firm tofu (I used firm because I had it on-hand and it was fine)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp curry, divided
1 tsp salt, divided
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup edamame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
dash black pepper
- Cut a 14-ounce block of extra firm tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each curry and salt, and 1/3 cup shredded coconut.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-30 minutes, until desired warmth and consistency is reached.
- Whisk 1/2 teaspoon each salt and curry into 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- Add 2 cups cooked brown rice, 1 cup edamame, 1/4 cup each sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes, and a bit of black pepper.
- Stir in the cooked tofu.
- Serves 3
- Serve warm or cold.
- Gluten-free and vegan.
- Serve as main dish or side salad.