Friday, December 4, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies



I screenshot this recipe off of no less than three Instagram accounts that I follow. Obviously, I was super excited to make it. The original recipe is from @sixvegansisters. The original recipe called for mini chocolate chips, but I couldn't find any. I've seen it with chocolate chunks in a post by sixvegansisters and I wish I'd gotten the chocolate chunks I like and used those.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 cup vegan margarine (from a tub, not sticks)
1/4 cup nondairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F
  2. Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour through cornstarch.)
  4. Using an electric mixer in a large bowl, cream together the margarine, milk, sugars, and vanilla.
  5. Using a rubber spatula attachment, add half the flour mixture to the wet mixture and combine.
  6. Add the rest and mix until combined.
  7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  8. Drop round balls of the size of your choice of the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets.
  9. Bake for 9-11 minutes for small balls, 11-13 minutes for medium balls, and 13-15 minutes for large balls. Continually check to be sure they are baked to your liking.

Notes:
Supposedly makes 1 dozen cookies, but my very large balls made more like 21 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment