4 (16 ounce) jars peanut butter = 64 oz.
3 1/2 (16 ounce) packages confectioners' sugar = 56 oz
1 cup vegan butter, melted
3 (12 ounce) packages vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips = 36 oz
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1 inch round balls and chill in freezer about 20-30 minutes.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- With a toothpick inserted in the peanut butter balls, dip them into the chocolate. Place on waxed paper and allow to set in refrigerator.
- Makes about 12 dozen (144) balls.
- Great for sharing, as long as no one has a peanut allergy.
- You can half or quarter this recipe.
- I also think you could use coconut oil instead of shortening, but I haven't tried it. Let me know if you try using coconut oil instead and how it turns out.
- "Buckeye Balls" refers to the mascot of Ohio State University, and is a type of chestnut.