Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fettuccine in Coconut Cream Sauce



Marketed as Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo, I was intrigued with this dish. I halved the recipe and it came out great. I also approximated the ratios due to a lack of all measuring utensils since the day before was Christmas and the dishwasher decided not to finish the load of dishes - including ALL the measuring cups & spoons.

I'll make this recipe again, at least for the kids and I.

Ingredients:
1 lb fettuccine noodles
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup raw cashews
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp olive oil
dash of onion and garlic powder

Directions:

  1. Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
  2. Blend all remaining ingredients in Vitamix or other blender. Pour over the drained noodles.
  3. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment