I started making vegan hot chocolate in the fall of 2012 when it started getting colder.
12 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1.5 Tablespoons stevia
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- In a small saucepan, heat all 3 ingredients over medium to medium-high heat.
- Use a whisk to combine the cocoa, sweetener, and milk.
- Heat until steaming.
- Depending on your brands, this is 1 carb for a low carb diet, and about 55 calories.
- You can use any sweetener of your choice to your taste, which changes the calories and carb levels. Confectioner's sugar is a good add if you do not care about carbs or calories.
- Top with vegan marshmallows. Yum!