~ 5 pound chicken
olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 325o F.
- Rinse chicken and remove giblets package.
- Rub olive oil or soft butter, then garlic salt, pepper, thyme, and sage on chicken.
- Place additional butter or oil on bottom of roasting dish, then place chicken in dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook 2 - 2 1/2 hours or so until internal temperature reaches 165o F.
- Remove the foil for the last 20 minutes to brown the chicken.
- When the chicken is done, remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before carving.