3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking powder
¼ tsp. Salt
2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
extra cream or milk, for brushing (optional)
grated cheese, fresh or frozen berries, chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. If you like, add a handful of grated sharp cheese, some fresh or frozen berries, chocolate chunks or other additions. Add the cream and stir just until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times, then pat into a circule about an inch thick.
- Cut into wedges and transfer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; if you like, brush the tops with milk or extra cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Makes 8-10 biscuits.