These cookies are not hard to make. They are easy to mix up, make the drops, make the glaze and glaze them. Just be sure to plan for the hour in the refrigerator.
4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened baking chocolate
¾ cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tub (8 oz) frozen cool whip whipped topping
6 squares (6 oz) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar; mix well.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 min or just until set. (Do not overbake.)
- Let stand on baking sheet 1 min; transfer to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Place frozen whipped topping and semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is shiny and smooth, stirring after 1 min.
- Let stand 15 minute to thicken.
- Spread over cookies.
- Let stand until glaze is set.
- Makes 5 dozen or 30 servings, 2 cookies each.
- Prep: 20 min Total: 1 hour 20 min (incl. refrigerating)