For those who like sweet potatoes sweet, this is a great recipe. For all of us (except the person in the family who is not a sweet potato fan), this is a winning recipe.
l/4 cup water
2 tblsp brown sugar
2 tblsp honey or maple syrup or agave
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds sweet potatoes (4 large) peeled and cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk water, brown sugar, honey/agave/syrup and olive oil until smooth.
- Place a single layer of sweet potatoes in the pan and pour the sauce over them and turning to coat.
- Cover and bake until tender (about 45 min.)
- Turn the sweet potatoes once or twice to coat.
- When tender, remove the cover and continue to bake for about 15 more minutes to set the glaze.
- You can use yellow sweet potatoes, yams, Okinawan sweet potatoes, or any colored sweet potato. It all is excellent.