12 large manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided into 1 & 3
2 cups ricotta cheese
6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
1 (26-ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on wax paper and pat with paper towels.
- For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon (hands are better) carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Serves 6