1/2 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb flat iron steak
1 medium yellow squash, slicedd 1/2-inch thick
1 medium onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 red pepper, sliced 1/2-inch thick
8 cups salad lettuce mix
- Combine red wine, soy sauce, garlic rosemary, thyme and olive oil to make marinade sauce, then divide. Marinate steaks with half of the red wine sauce for 30 minutes. While meat is marinating, wash and trim squash, onion, and pepper. Cut all vegetables into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat.) Grill steaks to desired doneness. Cut steaks crosswise into strips and set aside. Brush remaining sauce on sliced vegetables and grill until just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Serve steak and vegetables over salad lettuce mix and serve warm (in one dish or plated singly.) Alternate option: serve meat, veggies, and lettuce in separate dishes for everyone to serve themselves.
Everything is the same, except use Field Roast or your favorite vegan meat instead of a flat iron steak. You can skip marinading the vegan meat. You can also skip the vegan meat altogether and do more veggies. More peppers, onions, squashes, or add zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, or any other veggies you think would grill nicely.
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- I served this with fresh French baguette and a pasta side, since veggies were in abundance.
- Please note that anything that calls for options that could be vegan or not, the vegan option is preferred (such as red wine, butter, milk.)