I'm nearly certain this recipe came out of the newspaper years ago. It's a favorite to make. It doesn't always come out right, even when you've made it before.
6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping (pressurized can)
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup butter
1 cup unsifted powdered sugar
6 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 425F. Butter 4 custard cups or souffle dishes. Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in large microwavable bowl on high 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter between prepared custard cups.
- Bake 13 to 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Top with 1 Tbsp of whipped topping and serve immediately.
- Batter can be make a day ahead. Pour into prepared custard cups, cover with platic wrap and refrigerate. Bake as directed.
- Serves 8 (1/2 cake each).