I love risotto, but it is hard to come by as a vegan.
3 cups (24-oz) veg broth
1 diced onion
3-4 minced garlic cloves
16-oz riced cauliflower
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
3 cups cooked quinoa
2 tbsp miso paste
2 cups green peas
¼ cup (2-oz) almond milk
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in riced cauliflower and cook 5 minutes, adding splashes of broth to prevent sticking and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, remaining broth, and cooked quinoa.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes.
- Uncover and stir in miso.
- Stir in peas, and keep stirring until any excess liquid cooks off (risotto should be soft, ie risotto consistency).
- Turn off heat and add milk to cream it up, adding more milk as desired.
- Cover and let rest for a few minutes.
- Per serving: 402 calories, 5.1g fat, 68.8g carbs, 17g fiber, 9.3g sugars, 26.3g protein
- Serves 4