I don't recall where I got the recipe I made in 2011, but it was easy and a keeper. I've been working towards making the stuff I love vegan. I've renamed this because, like the first time, it doesn't really hold together well, so you don't need to pull it apart. The bites pull apart, though.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
16 oz refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup Earth Balance, melted and divided
4 oz Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/2 - 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp almond milk
- Preheat over to 350.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits and cut each one into quarters.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a gallon zipper bag. Shake dough quarters in the cinnamon sugar by batches, until coated.
- Place half the biscuits in a greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Drizzle with half the melted butter (1/4 cup).
- Top with remaining biscuit quarters, and the remaining melted butter.
- Top off the unbaked biscuit pile with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden.
- While letting the cinnamon bites sit for 5 minutes in the bundt pan, make the icing.
- Icing: Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. For a more tangy icing, use closer to 1/2 cup powdered sugar. For a sweeter icing, use 3/4 cup or more powdered sugar.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp milk as necessary, beating until desired consistency is reached.
- Invert the bundt pan with cinnamon bites onto a plate.
- Drizzle the icing over the warm loaf.
- I used Immaculate biscuits, as seen in the photo.