Monday, June 19, 2017

Vegan Finnish Oven Pancakes



As adults, we often have to change our diets from the foods of our childhood. But those will always be precious to us. When I went vegan, I thought I would not be eating Finnish Oven Pancakes again. I was thrilled to find a vegan pannukakku recipe. It isn't quite the same consistency, but it is close. And the sweetness and flavor is pretty close. I've modified some of it to be more similar to the Finnish Oven Pancakes my mom made and I grew up eating. 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup silken tofu (soft)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups vanilla almond milk
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla 
cinnamon-sugar mix 

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450o degrees.
  2. Spray a 9 x 13 baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. Place tofu, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth.
  4. Slowly add milk while the processor is running.
  5. Add the flour all at once then pulse a few times to combine.
  6. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla. Pulse once more.
  7. Pour batter on the baking sheet, being sure it is evenly spread.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
  9. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mix over the top.
  10. Serve with maple syrup and your desired toppings.


Notes:

  • Makes 4 slices (which is really 2 servings.)


No comments:

Post a Comment