This is a great summer pasta salad. Eating fresh with the noodles and veggies still warm is awesome, but if you eat as leftovers, just eat cold straight out of the fridge.
1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
8 oz thin noodles, ex soba or vermicelli
16 oz fresh asparagus
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
2 cucumbers, diced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 avocado, sliced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Trim ends of asparagus by cracking them off. Cut remaining parts in half.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, saute ginger, asparagus, and bell peppers. Once you reach desired tenderness, turn off heat.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add cucumber and noodles to the sauteed vegetables. Stir in basil and cilantro.
- Squirt with lime juice (either from fresh lime fruit or bottled), and pour soy sauce over the vegetables and noodles. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with the sliced avocado and green onions.
- Serves 4