Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Zucchini Bread

Years and years ago, probably close to two decades in fact, I needed a zucchini bread recipe because someone had grown zucchini and gifted me with more than any person should have. I found this recipe, probably via Allrecipes.com because many of our recipes from that stage of our life did. This one was called "Zucchini Bread IV." I probably found some other recipes, too. This one is fairly easy to make with usually baking items in a well-stocked kitchen. You will note there are walnuts. Below, I show two loaves - a taller one without walnuts (because my Longaberger bread pan makes that shape) and a shorter one with walnuts (because my BolesÅ‚awiec bread pan, care of the "Babe collection," makes that shape). My children do not like nuts in their bread, so I made them one loaf without nuts. Conveniently, this recipe makes two loaves, so I simply stirred walnuts into the batter after pouring both pans.


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325o. 
  2. Grease and flour two 8x4” loaf pans. 
  3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. 
  4. Mix in oil and sugar. 
  5. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. 
  6. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts in a large bowl; then stir into the egg mixture. 
  7. Divide batter into prepared pans. 
  8. Bake for 60 to 70 min, or until done.

Notes:

  • Serves 24.  
  • 231  Calories per slice.


No comments:

Post a Comment