This is an everybody-approved salad. It's delicious! I got the recipe from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. This is a great salad as a side or main dish.
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1.5 - 2 cups chickpeas
2 corn tortillas
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
5-oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
½ cup yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients together until well combined, adding garlic powder to taste.
- Chill until using.
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, taco seasoning and chickpeas, stir to coat.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake 20-25 minutes, until crispy but not hard.
- During last 5-10 minutes, place tortillas right on the rack and bake until crispy.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chickpeas with lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour dressing over top, and toss to coat.
- Crumble corn tortillas over the top.
- Top with guacamole.
- Serves 2.
- Per serving: 418 calories, 8.6g fat, 63.4g carbs, 12.7g fiber, 9.1g sugars, 19.2g protein