This is another breakfast that could be dessert, depending on your sweet tooth. The original recipe for the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor served 4, but I made it serve 2.
1-18 oz tube Polenta
5 oz strawberries, sliced
6 oz yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut polenta into 1/2" rounds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden in color and crisp (no need to flip.)
- Top each polenta with strawberry slices and a dollop of cold yogurt.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serves 2. To serve 4, double recipe.
- Per serving: 262 calories, 1.3g fat, 49.8g carbs, 4.0g fiber, 12.1g sugargs, 10.4g protein
- You can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh for a winter breakfast. In that case, warm the strawberries on the stove or in the microwave before adding to polenta.
- You could add more fruit or nuts to this.