1/2 cup Nutella (see note)
4 squares (4 ounces) semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Refrigerate Nutella until firm, about 4 hours. Transfer 1-tablespoon scoops to a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper. (Work fast; Nutella softens very quickly.)
- Place cookie sheet into freezer. Chill until Nutella is very firm.
- Melt the chocolate (we used the microwave). Pour melted chocolate into a small bowl.
- Dust hands with cocoa powder and quickly roll chilled Nutella into balls.
- Quickly dip Nutella in melted chocolate and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder. Return the balls to the cookie sheet. lace the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until the balls are set, about 1 hour.
- Place in a container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes 9 to 10 truffles.
- Nutrition is per truffle.
- Note: Nine to 10 of these goodies are not enough.
- Or use the entire 13-ounce jar, which makes about 2 dozen truffles.
- I made these this past summer and neglected to write down where I got the original recipe - it could be from a newspaper clipping or a blog.