Ingredients:2 cups butter
1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips + additional 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (is easier but not necessary to chop)
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups chopped Oreo cookies (50 cookies/one package)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11" X 17" pan with aluminum foil and spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together Oreos, 12 ounce chocolate ships, and remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3-inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake.
- Allow to cool. refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
- Original Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
- I found 4 cups hand chopped to be 2/3 of a package – about 30 cookies
- According to the recipe, this makes 20 large brownies at 670 Calories each. I prefer to have around 30 brownies at about 250 calories each (2 ounce brownies).