1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 cups cold water to dilute
extra lessons for slicing
- Extract the juice from 4-6 lemons to get a cup of lemon juice.
- Heat the sugar in the cup of water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the juice and sugar water to a pitcher. Dilute to desired strength with 3-4 cups of cold water. Refrigerate for half an hour, then serve.
- Serve with ice and sliced lemons.
- This is the starting ratio. You can scale up by doubling or tripling ingredients.
- If it is too sweet, reduce the sugar by up to a quarter cup.
- If using Meyer lemons, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup : 1 cup lemon juice due to the high level of sweetness of Meyers.