Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pumpkin Shake

I love pumpkin. You may be able to tell by all the pumpkin that appears on this blog. I also love to try pumpkin shakes. I used to drink pumpkin shakes during the season. I especially liked Culver's pumpkin shake and would reward myself after an 8 mile or longer run with one.

Now I have a pumpkin shake recipe for at home! I made one of these and the boy tried it and also loved it. It does require just a bit of prep. But it is so well worth it! This is another recipe from The Family Kitchen.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
a few pinches of salt
1 cup soy milk ice cubes, vanilla
May need additional liquid soy milk for blending.

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients to blender. Close lid and turn blender on low. If necessary, slowly pour in soy milk until the blend starts moving. Add in small splashes to keep a super thick texture. 
  2. Taste your shake and add more sweetener or salt as desired.


Other Details:


No comments:

Post a Comment