Thursday, December 20, 2012

Side: Baked Sweet Potato Chips


I made these Baked Sweet Potato Chips twice in 2 weeks they were so good! The first time I hand cut and had inconsistent sizes, leading to some not-quite-done and other over-done chips. The second time I used the food processor to cut evenly sized chips, which worked out much better. I used the "medium" slicer, but I think I'd use the smallest size next time. I saw this recipe at the Minimalist Baker.




Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 300ยบ.
  2. Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes and slice them as thin as you wish. You want consistent sized slices. Keep the skins on.
  3. Toss your slices in a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Lay out in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for 1.5 to 2 hours, flipping about every 30 minutes to ensure even cooking. You may also need to rotate your pans around depending on your oven. Be careful not to burn – they tend to go from light brown to dark brown rather quickly so check often.
  4. Remove once crisp and slightly golden brown. They shouldn’t be too dark.
  5. Serve immediately as they are best when fresh. Will keep for a day or two after cooking.


Other Details:

  • Prep Time 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 1 1/2 - 2 hours
  • Serves 3 (or 1) 
  • Original Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment