I made these Baked Sweet Potato Chips twice in 2 weeks they were so good! The first time I hand cut and had inconsistent sizes, leading to some not-quite-done and other over-done chips. The second time I used the food processor to cut evenly sized chips, which worked out much better. I used the "medium" slicer, but I think I'd use the smallest size next time. I saw this recipe at the Minimalist Baker.
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes and slice them as thin as you wish. You want consistent sized slices. Keep the skins on.
- Toss your slices in a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Lay out in a single layer on baking sheets and bake for 1.5 to 2 hours, flipping about every 30 minutes to ensure even cooking. You may also need to rotate your pans around depending on your oven. Be careful not to burn – they tend to go from light brown to dark brown rather quickly so check often.
- Remove once crisp and slightly golden brown. They shouldn’t be too dark.
- Serve immediately as they are best when fresh. Will keep for a day or two after cooking.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Serves 3 (or 1)
- Original Recipe