You all know how we love pancakes, and how I love pumpkin, Recently, I joined the Meal Mentor Happy Herbivore meal plan. This week's special breakfast is Pumpkin Pancakes. I altered them a little because her batter was a little thick.
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
dash ground cloves
2 tbsp canned pumpkin
1/2+ cup almond milk (add 2-4 tbsp more to thin batter)
2 tsp raw sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, spices, and salt together until well combined.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk canned pumpkin and milk together.
- Stir in sugar.
- Pour wet into dry, stirring to combine.
- Let batter rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter into skillet, 1/4 cup at a time. (Or about 1/3 of the batter.)
- Cook on one side until bubbles form, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 3 pancakes.
These can be frozen.