Trying to slowly start making my breakfasts again, even if it is just oatmeal. The first breakfast I tried from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor was this gem. Once I got comfortable putting it together, it's a very quick and easy breakfast to make for 1. It's also incredibly yummy.
¼ cup flour
¼ tsp baking powder
2-4 tbsp soy or almond milk, depends on the brand
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brown sugar
heaping ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
3-oz plain vegan yogurt
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder together until well combined.
- Stir in milk, maple and vanilla.
- If the batter is very dry, add 1-2 tbsp more milk (batter should be thick, not dry or runny).
- Spoon into a microwave-safe coffee mug and set aside briefly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle over the batter in your mug.
- Use a knife to swirl cinnamon-sugar into the batter. Or use a spoon to mix it in, although not necessarily thoroughly.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 25 seconds.
- Top with yogurt or eat on the side.
- Serves 1
- Per serving: 258 calories, 2.0g fat, 50.7g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 27.8g sugars, 9.0g protein
- Suggestions: Add a side of fruit.