It's fun to do something more interesting for breakfast. I got this one from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. I'll tell you a secret, I ate it with both a warm sweet potato AND warm granola. Tomorrow, I'm having leftovers of the cold potato and granola.
1 cup dry rolled oats
6 tbsp chopped almonds
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
4 cooked sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine oats, almonds, and maple.
- Spread mixture into a single layer on baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool completely.
- Crumble granola.
- Slice cooked sweet potatoes in half and top with prepared granola.
- Serves 4
- Per serving: 284 calories, 6g fat, 52.8g carbs, 7g fiber, 19.9g sugars, 6.9g protein
- Add yogurt or a side of fruit.