First, this is actually supposed to be Thai Noodle Soup. So, if yours comes out a little more like soup, that's actually how it is supposed to be. This is another meal from the Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor. Even if mine was more just noodles, it was good. Depending on the type of meal you are serving, this could be a side or an entree. Again, I have altered the recipe a bit, as shown here.
1 quart (4 cups) veg broth
1 tbsp fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
4 oz cubed tofu, extra firm
6-oz Thai rice vermicelli dry noodles
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp Thai sweet red chili sauce
1-2 tsp miso paste
¼ cup fresh basil
- In a large pot, combine broth and fresh ginger and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add tofu and cook a few minutes to soak in flavor.
- Add noodles and cook via package instructions, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add soy sauce, chili sauce, miso, and basil.
- Stir to combine and then taste, adding more soy sauce or miso as desired.
Serves 2. (The photo is one serving for lunch, and the set aside for leftovers.)
Per serving: 480 calories, 4.3g fat, 93.9g carbs, 5.0g fiber, 12.1g sugars, 14.3g protein
Add ground ginger for a stronger flavor.
Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
Add edamame and/or cashews.