This is another omnivore approved meal. My photo is a little lacking, but it will be made again, so hopefully I can update the image.
2 cups (16-oz) vegetable broth
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
2 carrots, dice
2 potatoes, diced
¼ cup raisins
1 tsp garam masala
dash ground coriander
15-oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
4 cups fresh spinach
3 cups cooked brown rice
- Sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin to coat, then add carrots and potatoes.
- Sauté 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add raisins and broth.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Stir in 1 tsp garam masala plus a few dashes of ground coriander.
- Turn off heat and rest 5 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach until spinach softens and folds in.
- Add more broth or water to thin, if desired.
- Heat over low until thoroughly warm.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.