This one looked and sounded so good that a friend of mine asked me for the recipe. It was a little thicker than I'd prefer. My friend agreed, it needed to be more soup-y. It probably just needs more vegetable broth added towards the end, but I didn't test it yet so I didn't put a suggested amount in the recipe, other than a (+).
3+ cups vegetable broth
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp curry powder
ground cinnamon or coriander
15-oz canned pumpkin
¼ cup applesauce
1 cup dry lentils
3 cups cooked brown rice
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add curry powder, a dash of cinnamon or coriander (whichever one you choose) and turmeric (added for color).
- Stir and cook briefly, then mix in pumpkin and applesauce.
- Add 2 cups of broth and lentils. Stir.
- Cover, bring to boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 15-45 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add broth as desired to thin out curry.
- Taste, adjusting seasonings as desired.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
- Serves 4