For St. Patrick's Day, serve yourself a treat: Irish Soda Bread for breakfast. This bread doesn't get crusty in the microwave, although maybe you could bake it to make it so. I also removed the raisins, which is probably a definitive component of Irish Soda Bread. But, raisins ruin everything. I got this recipe from Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
¼ cup (2-oz) almond milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup oat flour
2 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup applesauce
¼ cup jam, flavor of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk milk with vinegar so it curdles. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk oat flour, raw sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Stir in milk mixture and applesauce.
- Spoon batter into 4 microwave-safe mugs and microwave each separately for 90 seconds, or until firm.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt and jam.
- Eat remaining yogurt on the side.
Per serving: 274 calories, 2.7g fat, 54.4g carbs, 3.4g fiber, 33.4g sugars, 8.0g protein
If you want the raisins, you can add 1/4 cup raisins after the applesauce step.