I'm not sure how this is St. Patrick's Pasta, except that there's green in it. But, it sure is tasty! I got this recipe through Happy Herbivore Meal Mentor.
4-oz dry noodles, ie rotini, macaroni, smaller pastas are better
¼ cup (2-oz) vegetable broth
½ small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
15-oz can white beans
3 cups fresh spinach
vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast (optional)
smoked paprika (optional)
- Cook pasta via package instructions.
- Drain, reserving ¼-cup cooking water.
- Rinse pasta under cool water, set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until translucent.
- Add beans (with their liquid), stirring to combine.
- Turn off heat and mash the beans partially with a fork, or leave whole.
- Season with salt and pepper, plus onion and garlic powder as desired.
- Stir in pasta water to thin as needed, then toss with cooked pasta.
- Turn heat to low and add fresh spinach.
- Cook, using tongs to stir around and incorporate, until spinach is soft and combined.
- Top with vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast and a dash of smoked paprika.
- Serves 2.
- Per serving: 401 calories, 2.9g fat, 75g carbs, 17.8g fiber, .9g sugars, 22.9g protein
- Add pine nuts to the pasta. Omnivores might enjoy some chicken added in.