This is a nice, light spring dish. This got an approval from the family omnivores. You may not think the flavors will go together, but it's amazing.
1 zucchini, half-moons
10-oz cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
1 cup plain hummus
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
dash dried oregano
¾ cup olives
- Cook noodles via package instructions, adding zucchini, tomatoes, and bell pepper to soften and cook a few minutes before noodles are done cooking.
- Drain, reserving ½-cup cooking water.
- Return noodles and vegetables to pot. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk hummus, basil, and oregano with hot cooking water.
- Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables.
- Stir to coat.
- Serve with a side of 1/4 cup olives.