Ingredients:1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz) cool whip whipped topping
1/4 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350o. Grease and flour 2 (9”) round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 to 22 min or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Stir in whipped topping.
- Remove cake layers from pans; cut each layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife. Stack the layers on a serving plate, spreading the cream cheese mixture between the layers. Do not frost the top layer. Drizzle with caramel topping and pecans.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Original Recipe from Kraft
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Total: 40 minutes (my original recipe said this, but Kraft has since updated it to 1 hour 50 minutes)
- Makes 16 servings
- Pin It