|Carol's Sweet Roll|
|Honey Wheat Sweet Buns|
Carol's Sweet Rolls
1 yeast packet in ¼ cup water
1 cup sugar
½ stick butter, melted
2 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups lukewarm water
7 cups flour
- Prepare the yeast in warm water according to yeast packet temperature directions.
- Mix the sugar and salt into 4 cups of flour. '
- Mix the butter, eggs, and water. Check to be sure the temperature of the wet ingredients is within 80-90ºF.
- Mix the yeast and wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Using the dough hook, knead to mix. Add 1 cup of remaining flour at a time, kneading to fully mix until all flour has been added.
- Let dough raise in an oiled bowl in a warm location, covered by a tea towel, until it has doubled in size.
- Oil heavy sheet pan. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Tear off small handfuls of dough. Roll each piece into a ball, and place on the oiled pan.
- Let rolls raise in a warm location covered until rolls have grown to adequate size. At least 30 minutes, an hour is better.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan onto racks and brush with melted butter.
Ryan's Honey Wheat version of Carol's Sweet Buns
Ingredients and Directions:
Use whole wheat flour and honey. Top with rolled oats.
- Makes a few dozen rolls.
- For sweeter buns, don't add the sugar until after all the flour has been added.
- Pin It