8 ounces elbow macaroni or shells
12 ounces grounds
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
26-ounce jar marinara sauce (use a flavored one)
2-4 tablespoons spinach, chopped
2 cups vegan shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup nondairy sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook noodles until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, add grounds, garlic, salt, and pepper, stirring frequently until heated through and slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Add marinara sauce and spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted and everything is well combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, 1 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and fresh parsley. Stir until ingredients are evenly distributed and noodles are well coated.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top evenly with marinara mixture and remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Let stand for 15 mins before serving.
- Serves 8.
- Nutrition based on 8 servings