brown sugar (1/4 cup per 2 pounds of sugar pumpkin)
spices of your choosing: ex. pumpkin pie spice; cinnamon; cloves; all spice; garam masala; ginger; nutmeg; whiskey; vanilla; agave
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper - it must have sides.
- Cut sugar pumpkin in half and gut it. Place halves of pumpkin meat side down on the parchment in the dish.
- Bake for about an hour until the flesh scrapes out nicely.
- Allow to cool.
- Scrape out the insides and place in a food processor. Process until smooth-ish.
- Throw in appropriate amount of brown sugar. Process until well mixed.
- Throw in your selected spices to taste and process until well mixed and smooth.
- Transfer to a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover with a mesh splatter screen, turn flame to low and allow to simmer down until desired consistency.
- Original Recipe
- I had put mine in the fridge between cooking and scraping due to time constraints. It sat there for a couple days. However, I pretty much skipped the cook down part because it blended to the consistency I like. Not sure if this is a good method or if I just got lucky.