This is the veganized version of last week's dessert. I have it as a separate recipe because I had to find some specialty items to make it. You may need to make a trip to a Whole Foods or vegan grocery store to pick up the necessary ingredients. Unfortunately, the vegan whip I used kept this more pudding like than mousse. Also note, Jell-O pudding is "accidentally vegan." This is not a healthy vegan recipe, by the way.
1 ½ cups non-dairy milk, divided
2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling
2 cups vegan whipped topping, divided½ cup fresh berries
- Combine 1 cup of the milk and chocolate in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in remaining ½ cup milk.
- Add dry pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended.
- Refrigerate 20 min.
- Gently stir in 1 ½ cups of the whipped topping. Spoon into 6 dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping and berries just before serving.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- Makes 6 servings, ½ cup each.
- Prep: 15 min. Total 35 min. (including Refrigeration)