If you can, I suggest starting a salsamole garden in the spring and get your ingredients from your herb garden and veggie garden as much as possible. Off-season purchase of the ingredients is somewhat pricey. It's likely cheaper at markets when these veggies are in season.
1 pound ripe Italian pear tomatoes peeled (optional), seeded and chopped
½ cup chopped red pepper
½ cup chopped yellow pepper
¾ cup peeled, minced carrot
½ cup fresh corn kernels
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
1-2 jalepeno chiles, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 avocado, peeled and diced
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except the avocado.
- Refrigerate and marinate for about 1 hour.
- At serving time lift the mixture to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Stir in the avocado. Correct the seasonings.
- Garnish with a few whole cilantro leaves.
- Serve it with a mixture of blue and yellow corn tortilla chips.
- It took me an hour to chop the ingredients. If you are a faster chopper, it will take less time.
- Because you want to serve after adding the avocado, it's good to make this for a party or if you feel like eating a lot of salsa.